Best Internet Security Software 2012
Best Internet Security 2013
Why do we need It?
Are you afraid that your child might see unwanted stuff while on net? Do you think twice before doing any transaction online? Do you think your privacy might be compromised while online? These days, one of the few things that come free in this world is viruses. Unwanted, irritating and often resulting in total mayhem, these viruses do everything to harm your computer. Today, if your computer is unprotected, you are sure to be infected sooner or later. While it is true that antivirus helps to ward off many of the threats to a computer, for total and complete protection, internet security serves best.
Internet security is a lot different from antivirus. It is an amalgamation of several programs to protect users from virus and also internet related threats. A great feature of internet security is that it not only protects from viruses but also helps build up firewall which protects a computer from unwanted access as well as restricts access to programs and applications on the internet that might threaten security. You can even see to it that your child is not introduced into porn, with the advanced control features of the internet security software. If you are threatened by Malware and spyware – which attempt to steal information from a computer, internet security helps you as well. A good internet security 2013 does all these pretty well.
Statistics say that every month there are two hundred fifty new viruses that are invented. Computers can be infected with adware, malware or spyware or some malicious code which, when clicked upon, can be used to steal the users’ personal information and used for identity theft purposes. The internet security software ensures that users are protected 24×7 from threats of virus, Trojans, malware and even phishing.
2012 saw the major companies incorporate some key features which were essential for them to be able to protect computers from threats generated by the internet. These features made sure that users were always protected from viruses and malware.
- One of the features was the anti-phishing feature which ensured users do not give away passwords and personal bank details to others. This feature stores user names and passwords and fills up required forms thus eliminating phishing.
- Most internet security software checked whether the website you opened was safe and if you wanted to carry out transactions, it opened the website in a safe, protected and secure way thus eliminating any chance of phishing.
- Many a time, key loggers store the information typed by you through your keyboard and thus hack your accounts. Most internet security software help to ward off this threat with a special protection that ensures key loggers are not able to see what you type.
What to Look For in 2013
- Automatic exploit prevention will prevent an accidental entry of malware and will roll back the changes it will cause, ensuring absolute stability of the computer system. This feature also controls execution of files from software which may have vulnerabilities due to inability to update and install fixes released by the software maker. It analyses and searches for any similarity between behavioural patterns of malicious software and the file and immediately suspends functionality to keep the files from damaging the computer.
- Laptop users will love the feature that ensures more battery backup. Here, the software detects and reduces resource use so as to decrease battery drain.
- Moreover, all internet security software makers will provide Windows 8 compatibility. All these features make the year of 2013 a special one!
How Should You Choose Best Antivirus Software?
Internet security software is ideal if you are looking for complete protection to your PC. It is true that most of the times an antivirus software is more than enough to protect your PC. However, if you are aiming for complete protection not only from viruses which can affect the PC but also all your actions which you take while on the net, internet security software can work wonders. The best internet security 2013 promises to keep all threats at bay and let you do transactions online without any fear. While buying the internet security software it has to be kept in mind that the software should provide protection from all kind of threats and not only virus, worms and Trojans. Good internet security software protects a user from phishing scams, malware threats and key loggers. In the end, internet security software must be easy to install and use. One cannot expect people to enter commands and do things manually; the software should do all the things to make the PC secure while making minimum fuss. If ever a problem does arise, there should be quick and effective redress to the problem. It is thus required that the customer should get answer to all the queries at the earliest; after all when your computer is infected you do not have much time! If you are searching for the best internet security 2013, you should keep these things in mind.